WHAT'S GOING ON

Wednesday 31 October 2007

One to watch ...




Neil Wainwright is a talented printmaker and one of our best selling artists.
We've introduced a "One to watch" section to our blog page and he's our first.
This is reserved for artists we deem as up and coming and that are going places...
so someone you might want to keep an eye on as their work becomes more
and more popular.
We hope you enjoy reading his interview.
If you would like to contact Neil please e mail
him at:
neilillustrator@googlemail.com
http://www.neilwainwright.com/

NOVEMBER 2007


Tell us a little bit about yourself, name, where you studied,birth place,personal stuff etc. should you wish to tell us...
My name is Neil Wainwright I'm a gemini, So don't believe a word of what I write.
I was born in Shiffnal and raised in Kidderminster, famous for carpets and er....... I studied Illustration at Loughborough one of the luckiest choices I ever made .

What inspires you?
People who are passionate about what they do

Who are your heroes?
In terms of artistic heroes : Klimt, Frank Brangwyn Kathy Kolwitz,N C Wyeth, Paul Slater, Chritopher Wormell

What's the first thing you remember making?

A mess, although I won an art prize when I was at primary school and I'm sure my Dad still thinks it's the best thing I have ever done.


If you could live anywhere,where would it be?
Faversham in Kent with my beautiful girlfriend and 2 cats.

What did you want to be as a child?
Taller! and a footballer or an illustrator. I didn't pick the right one for ritches.

Favorite colour?
Blue

Favorite season of the year?
Autumn

Read any good books lately?
Arthur and George by Julian Barnes , In the Country of Last Things by Paul Auster

Favorite film quote?

"He's not the messiah hes a very naughty boy!"

What song best describes you best?
Cant Shape up by The Wonder Stuff

If you were an animal what would you be?
A dog

Favorite medium to work with?
Print

How would you describe your work?
Evocative

Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
In Faversham with my beautiful wife 2 cats and 2 kids.

Thank you Neil!

No comments: